Transfer your website automatically
Our domain transfer process is highly automated and designed to ensure that transferring a domain name is as easy as possible while causing no downtime to your website.
Our helpful support team is here for you
The domain transfer process can be confusing, but our helpful and friendly support team is always available to assist with anything related to your MyDomain account, including your domain transfer.
Why transfer your domain to MyDomain
Every domain name registration or domain transfer includes many additional features, including:
Redirect traffic from one domain name to another.
Automatically forward email addresses under your domain to any other valid email address.
Retain total control over the DNS for the life of your domain name registration.
Protect your domain from any unauthorized transfer, or 'hijack.'
To ensure a successful domain transfer:
- Domains must be valid and already registered with another registrar.
- Domains have to be previously registered for at least 60 days.
- Domains need an unlocked status with the current registrar.
- The admin's contact information must be up-to-date.
- Obtain an authorization code to initiate the transfer.
Ready to transfer a domain name?GET STARTED
Frequently asked questions about transferring domain names
- As a trusted name since 2000, you can rest easy with MyDomain handling all your domain and hosting needs. Our state-of-the-art infrastructure and top-notch support staff ensure an overall superior experience.
- If the domain has been registered for at least 60 days, and you have full control of the domain at the current registrar, there should be no issues with the domain transfer process.
- To initiate a domain transfer, simply enter the domain in question into the box at the top of this page and you will be guided through the domain transfer process. You will need to ensure the domain is in an unlocked state and that you have obtained an authorization code from the current registrar. If there is any issue with your domain transfer, we will contact you.
- A domain transfer generally takes 5-7 days. there are a few variables involved. These include the cooperation of the prior registrar, and the domain owner ensuring the domain is unlocked with the correct authorization code provided.